Springboard is a technical consultancy which creates and develops new technologies and devices that will shape the future. We work on projects that improve people’s lives in a diverse range of markets including medical, fluidics and advanced consumer products. We are seeking a diligent client-facing graduate engineer with a passion for learning to be part of our rapidly growing team.
Your opportunity for experience and training
Our team develops concepts, technologies and products for international device companies, from radical start-ups to global giants. Working collaboratively within project teams and coached by experienced staff, we build relationships with senior business leaders at our client companies, interpreting the business needs and creating solutions to important technical development programmes.
Springboard believes in improving people’s lives and being a good employer. We support the career development of staff through mentoring and personal training budgets. We have an ethical policy to ensure that our work is satisfying and there is opportunity to travel to clients and manufacturing companies. There is an exciting bonus package to reward hard work and the achievement of company performance targets.
The Graduate Engineer role
- Understanding a problem and creating concepts
- Building proof-of-principle test rigs in our laboratory and demonstrating solutions
- Mechanical design, prototyping and testing
- Design for manufacture and assembly
- Reporting on work and presenting to clients
- Involvement in taking new opportunities and developing them into business opportunities
- This is primarily a mechanical engineering role. Additional skills such as design, electronics or software will be viewed positively, but are not essential.
- Able to investigate a problem and develop a practical solution which benefits people
- Good at contributing to a team and communicating your work to clients and colleagues
- A first or 2:1 in engineering or science from a leading university (UK top 10 or equivalent) and A-levels minimum AAB or equivalent including maths and physics
- Permanent eligibility to work in the UK. We are unable to sponsor work permits
How to apply
If you want to use practical engineering and science to make the world a better place, please send a CV and covering letter explaining how you can contribute to our team via www.springboard.pro/careers.
Springboard does not accept candidates from recruitment agencies. Please do not contact us about recruitment.