Engineering / Science summer internship
Dynamic technology consultancy seeking hard-working engineers and physicists
Springboard is a technical consultancy which develops technologies for multinational companies in a diverse range of markets including medical, fluidics and advanced consumer products. We are seeking a diligent engineering or science intern with a passion for learning to immerse themselves as part of our consultancy team over the summer.
Your opportunity for experience and training
You will develop concepts, technologies and products for international device companies using a wide range of practical and analytical technical skills. Working collaboratively within project teams and coached by experienced staff, you will present your work to senior business leaders at our client companies and create solutions to important technical development programmes.
Springboard believes in improving people’s lives and being a good employer. We support the career development of staff through mentoring and personal training budgets. We have an ethical policy to ensure that our work is satisfying.
The Summer Intern role
- This role is suited to engineering and science students in any year at university and will run for 8 – 12 weeks over the summer, subject to Covid restrictions
- Understanding a problem and creating concepts
- Building proof-of-principle test rigs in our laboratory and demonstrating solutions
- Mechanical design, prototyping and testing
- Reporting on work and presenting to clients
- Able to investigate a problem and develop a practical solution which benefits people
- Good at contributing to a team and communicating your work to clients and colleagues
- Expecting a first or 2:1 in engineering or physics from a leading university (UK top 10 or equivalent) and A-levels minimum AAA or equivalent including maths and physics.
- Permanent eligibility to work in the UK. We are unable to sponsor work permits
How to apply
If you want to use practical engineering and science to make the world a better place, please send a CV and covering letter explaining how you can contribute to our team via www.springboard.pro/careers.