Graduate Materials Scientist
Springboard is a technical consultancy which develops technologies for multinational companies in a diverse range of markets including medical, fluidics and advanced consumer products. We are seeking a diligent client-facing graduate materials scientist with a passion for learning to be part of our rapidly growing team.
Your opportunity for experience and training
You will develops concepts, technologies and products for international device companies using a wide range of practical and analytical technical skills. Working collaboratively within project teams and coached by experienced staff, you will present your work to senior business leaders at our client companies and create solutions to important technical development programmes.
Springboard believes in improving people’s lives and being a good employer. We support the career development of staff through mentoring and personal training budgets. We have an ethical policy to ensure that our work is satisfying and there is opportunity to travel to clients and manufacturing companies. There is an exciting bonus package to reward hard work and the achievement of company performance targets.
The Graduate Materials Scientist role
- Identifying the fundamental engineering-science behind a multitude of technical problems
- Carrying out experiments in our laboratory and analysing data to enhance understanding
- Broad materials knowledge such as mechanical properties, surface chemistry and polymers
- Presenting to clients in a way that clearly interprets the science for their needs
- Building proof-of-principle test rigs to demonstrate a solution
- Able to investigate a problem and develop a practical solution which benefits people
- Good at contributing to a team and communicating your work to clients and colleagues
- A first or 2:1 in materials science from a leading university (UK top 10 or equivalent) and A-levels minimum AAB or equivalent including maths and physics
- Permanent eligibility to work in the UK. We are unable to sponsor work permits
How to apply
If you want to use practical engineering and science to make the world a better place, please send a CV and covering letter explaining how you can contribute to our team via www.springboard.pro/careers.
Springboard does not accept candidates from recruitment agencies. Please do not contact us about recruitment.