Product Design Engineer
Dynamic technology consultancy seeking talented and visionary product engineers
Springboard is a technical consultancy which develops technologies for multinational companies in a range of markets: medical and healthcare in particular, but also other industries such as consumer and industrial.
This role is for graduates or those with up to 3 years of relevant experience of product or industrial design with a technical flavour in a commercial environment. We are looking for people who want to use product design and industrial design to develop products and devices which will improve people’s lives.
We support the career development of staff through mentoring and personal training budgets. We have an ethical policy to ensure that your work is satisfying and there is opportunity to travel to clients and manufacturing companies. There is an exciting bonus package to reward achievement of company performance targets.
The Product Engineer role
- Using design to make big improvements to function, usability, form, and styling of clients’ devices.
- Implementing and promoting good practice usability engineering for medical devices.
- Brainstorming and supporting brainstorms with visuals such as sketches and renderings.
- Improving Springboard’s visual communication in sales materials (proposals etc.) and marketing materials (images for blog posts, website, conference stands etc.).
- Applying engineering theory to design and develop devices.
- Presenting your work to clients.
You will be responsible for delivering your own work, often as part of a dynamic project team.
Requirements – you need to be able to demonstrate all of the following
- A portfolio of product design experience, either commercial experience or academic projects.
- Ability to use engineering concepts to guide device design and development.
- Team-working and communication skills, including visual, written, oral and presentation skills.
- Class 1 or 2.1 degree in product design or similar from a leading university.
- Eligibility to work in the UK. We are unable to sponsor work permits.
Desirable – these are not essential but if you have some, they will make your application stronger
- A creative approach to understanding problems and designing solutions.
- Demonstrated interest, and ideally experience, in medical devices.
- An aptitude for building relationships.
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter explaining how you can strengthen our team via our website www.springboard.pro/careers.
Agencies Springboard does not accept candidates from recruitment agencies. Please do not contact us about recruitment.