Springboard is a technical consultancy which creates and develops new technologies and devices that will shape the future. We work on projects that improve people’s lives in a diverse range of markets including medical, fluidics and advanced consumer products.
At rare opportunity has arisen to join Springboard this coming academic year (from autumn 2018) as a year in industry student. This is a one-year paid placement for students who have completed their A-levels and are either before, or in the middle of their degree.
Your opportunity for experience and training
The best illustrations we can give are the videos created by 2 of our most recent Year In Industry Students:
Our team develops concepts, technologies and products for international device companies, from radical start-ups to global giants. Working collaboratively within project teams and coached by experienced staff, we build relationships with senior business leaders at our client companies, interpreting the business needs and creating solutions to important technical development programmes.
Springboard believes in improving people’s lives and being a good employer. We support the career development of staff through mentoring and personal training budgets. We have an ethical policy to ensure that our work is satisfying and there is opportunity to travel to clients and manufacturing companies. There is an exciting bonus package to reward hard work and the achievement of company performance targets.
The Year In Industry Student role
- Learning from Springboard staff about real-world engineering and science applied to commercial device projects
- Understanding a problem and creating concepts
- Building proof-of-principle test rigs in our laboratory and demonstrating solutions
- Mechanical design, prototyping and testing
- Design for manufacture and assembly
- Reporting on work and presenting to clients
- This is primarily an engineering or applied science role. Additionally, interest or even skills in design, electronics, software or physics will be viewed positively, but are not essential
- Willing to learn
- Good at contributing to a team and communicating your work to clients and colleagues
- Good predicted or actual A-level results in relevant subjects such as design, physics, mathematics, chemistry, biology (minimum AAB) or equivalent
- Intention to study engineering or physics at a leading university
- Permanent eligibility to work in the UK. We are unable to sponsor work permits
How to apply
If you want to use practical engineering and science to make the world a better place, please send a CV and, optionally, a covering letter to our team via www.springboard.pro/careers.
Springboard does not accept candidates from recruitment agencies. Please do not contact us about recruitment.