Business Development Engineer
Springboard is a technical consultancy which creates and develops new technologies and devices that will shape the future. We specialise in developing next generation products for regulated markets which improve people’s lives. Example projects include drug delivery and diagnostics devices.
We are seeking a client-facing engineer who has experience delivering technical projects and has or is developing a passion for finding new clients, building business relationships, driving sales of consultancy projects.
This role combines both developing new business and cutting-edge technical challenges.
You would apply your passion for creating business opportunities to work with leading device companies around the world, including global giants and fast-growing start-ups. You would get the opportunity to present your work to senior business leaders at our client companies, interpret their business needs, and build client relationships in highly challenging development programmes.
Springboard believes in improving people’s lives and being a good employer. We support the career development of staff through mentoring and personal training budgets. We have an ethical policy to ensure that your work is satisfying and there is opportunity to travel to clients and manufacturing companies. There is an exciting bonus package to reward achievement of company performance targets.
The Business Development Engineer role
- Establish new contacts, identify new opportunities, and develop them into new clients and projects.
- Create and arrange sales trips to visit potential clients and attend industry events such as conferences.
- Understand difficult business and technical problems, create solutions, and draw on teams of others to help.
- Plan and propose projects using understanding of the client’s business and the underlying technical issues.
- Work on and/or lead projects that deliver technical progress to clients.
- Experience in product development or technical consultancy, for example in the range of 5 to 10 years.
- Creativity and drive to identify potential new clients, and the self-motivation to make contact and develop new relationships. You do not have to have done new business development previously, but you need to provide reasons to believe that you would going forwards.
- Flexibility to balance technical project work/leadership with business development work.
- A first or 2:1 in engineering or applied science from a leading university (UK top 10 or equivalent) and A-levels minimum AAB or equivalent.
- On-site working in Cambridge. Eligibility to work in the UK. We are unable to sponsor work permits.
- An enthusiasm to develop skills rapidly and overcome a variety of difficult engineering challenges.
- A hobby or interest outside education or work in a technical field.
How to apply
If you want to use practical engineering and science to make the world a better place, please send a CV and covering letter explaining how you can strengthen our team via www.springboard.pro/careers.
Agencies Springboard does not accept candidates from recruitment agencies. Please do not contact us about recruitment.