Project support for start-ups
As a start-up, you’re used to wearing many hats: marketing, accounts, sales, facilities manager and coffee maker. That’s a lot to focus on over and above your expertise and your idea.
You will also need a whole R&D department to get your idea from paper to production. But where do you begin? Getting the project support you need and recruiting an experienced team takes time and resources and every hire will shorten your runway.
This is where teaming up with a specialist consultant like Springboard can pay dividends.
You can benefit from:
- An instant team with the ability to flex team size when needed.
- Multi-disciplinary experts at your fingertip, offering a wider scope without the extra cost to your project.
- No need to spend months recruiting and then managing the team. This gives you the freedom to focus on what’s important.
- Established labs, workshops and supplier lists at your fingertips.
- No commitment to recurring costs; once the product development is complete, you don’t have the expense of a potentially redundant team.
- All IP generated is yours and we meticulously document the design and technical files ensuring you are always the owner of your product’s design.
Attracting funding partners
To attract funding partners, it’s important to show proof of concept as soon as possible and the best way to do this is to build a ‘looks like, works like’ prototype or a minimal viable product (MVP) as early as possible. A newly formed team’s lack of experience may lead to adopting the wrong approach from the start, wasting time and money.
We have the experience, supplier connections and tools to help you develop early concepts quickly to showcase the idea for investors.
A procedural approach to development
Some products, for example medical devices, need to adhere to strict design protocols and procedures. By having procedures in place even in the early design phase will help expedite any future iterations of the design and ultimately get your product to market faster.
With ISO regulated product management, procedural design and development is second nature to us and we use these controls across each and every product development we work on. This offers you a huge advantage when researching and developing next generations of your product as you will always be building on solid foundations.
Springboard has a wealth of experience in supporting start-ups with the design and development of products, taking devices from early concepts, to successful transfer to manufacture and market launch. Contact us today to find out how we can help.