Electronics and Software Engineer
Dynamic technology consultancy seeking enthusiastic electronics and software engineers
Springboard is a technical consultancy which develops innovative electromechanical devices from concept to production for multinational companies in medica, healthcare, consumer and industrial markets.
This role is for recent graduates or those with a few years relevant experience. We are looking for people who want to use electronics and software to develop products and devices which will improve people’s lives.
A typical project can last from a few days to a few years, so you will get to work on a wide range of different projects. You will be responsible for delivering your own work as part of a dynamic project team.
We support the career development of staff through mentoring and personal training budgets. We have an ethical policy to ensure that your work is satisfying. There is opportunity to travel to clients and manufacturers and an exciting bonus package to reward achievement of company performance targets.
The Electronics and Software Engineer role
- Understanding components, sensors, actuators, systems and software and how to use them.
- Taking part in the complete product development lifecycle including brainstorming, specifying, architecting, designing, coding, testing, transfer to manufacture and more.
- Designing circuits, prototyping them, laying out the PCB, getting it made and testing its function.
- System integration of electronics and software with the rest of the system.
- Presenting your work to clients.
Requirements – you need to be able to demonstrate all of the following
- Experience of designing electronic circuits and writing embedded software (whether as part of your job, degree or spare time).
- Team-working and communication skills, including written, oral and presentation skills.
- Class 1 or 2.1 degree in electronics, software, computer science or general engineering from a leading university.
- Eligibility to work in the UK. We are unable to sponsor work permits.
Desirable – these are not essential but if you have some, they will make your application stronger
- A passion for science and engineering outside school, university, or work.
- Hands on lab experience with test equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes etc.
- Practical PCB design, build, modify and test experience.
- Mathematical and computing skills and the ability to analyse data.
- An aptitude for building relationships.
How to apply
If you want to use practical engineering and science to help people around the world, please send a CV and covering letter explaining how you can strengthen our team via our website www.springboard.pro/careers.
Agencies Springboard does not accept candidates from recruitment agencies. Please do not contact us about recruitment.