Senior Electronics and Software Product Engineer
Springboard is a technical consultancy which develops technologies for multinational companies in a diverse range of markets including medical, fluidics and advanced consumer products. We are seeking a senior electronics and software product engineer to be part of our rapidly growing team.
This is a role for candidates who have completed several electronics or electromechanical product development projects and want to step up to lead teams tackling technical challenges through to product launch. You might have worked in a product company or a technical consultancy.
In time, you could become responsible for the entire product architecture, and lead dynamic project teams to develop innovative electromechanical devices from concept to production for multinational device companies. You would get the opportunity to build relationships with clients and secure commercial contracts to deliver challenging development programmes. You would still spend a fair portion of your time hands-on developing electronics or software. It is not necessary to already have experience of all these aspects, but candidates should show the technical and personal aptitude to develop into the role.
Springboard believes in improving people’s lives and being a good employer. We support the career development of staff through mentoring and personal training budgets. We have an ethical policy to ensure that your work is satisfying and there is opportunity to travel to clients and manufacturing companies. There is an exciting bonus package to reward achievement of company performance targets.
The Senior Electronics and Software Product Engineer role
- Developing the electronics and embedded software for diverse and complex new products
- Integrating all aspects of electromechanical product design and transfer to manufacture
- Delivering technical progress to clients and, in time, leading project teams
- Developing new opportunities into business contracts
Requirements – you need to be able to demonstrate all of the following
- Experience in industry of designing electronic circuits and writing embedded software
- Team-working and communication skills, including written, oral and presentation skills
- A first or 2:1 in engineering from a leading university (UK top 10 or equivalent)
- Eligibility to work in the UK. We are unable to sponsor work permits
Desirable – these are not essential but if you have some, they will make your application stronger
- Professional industrial experience of product design through to manufacture or project leadership
- Experience of medical or safety-critical device development
- Enthusiasm for selling projects and business development
How to apply
If you want to use practical engineering and science to make the world a better place, please send a CV and covering letter explaining how you can strengthen our team via our website www.springboard.pro/careers.